Today it’s impossible to imagine a modern man that does not use the Internet in their lives. The World Wide Web is so firmly established in our lives, that even children often replace live communication between classmates correspondence in social networks. Given the ability of children is much faster to absorb and understand any updates, it becomes clear that they are much freer feeling on the Internet. Parents, if they care for a child, can not remain indifferent to this. After all, the Internet, in addition to useful and necessary for the development of information, there are many harmful and even dangerous for the fragile child’s psyche resources. Learn more about the online safety now!
So, how can you protect your children when they use the Internet?
You must make it clear to the child that the rules that you enter is not a punishment, but a way to protect them from the dangers they may encounter online. Bellow you can find easy rules that every child must read and understand to protect themselves while surfing online.
- I will not give out personal information such as my address, telephone number, parents’ work address/telephone number without my parents’ permission.
- I will tell my parents right away if I come across something that makes me feel uncomfortable.
- I will never agree to get together with someone I “meet” online without first checking with my parents. If my parents agree to the meeting, I will be sure that it is in a public place and bring a parent along.
- I will talk with my parents about posting pictures of myself or others online and not post any pictures that my parents consider to be inappropriate.
- I will not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make me feel uncomfortable. It is not my fault if I get a message like that. If I do I will tell my parents right away.
- I will talk with my parents so that we can set up rules for going online and using a mobile phone. We will decide upon the time of day that I can be online, the length of time I can be online and appropriate areas for me to visit. I will not access other areas or break these rules without their permission.
- I will not give out my passwords to anyone (even my best friends) other than my parents.
- I will check with my parents before downloading or installing software or doing anything that could possibly hurt our computer or mobile device or jeopardize my family’s privacy.
- I will be a good online citizen and not do anything that hurts other people or is against the law.
- I will help my parents understand how to have fun and learn things online and teach them things about the Internet, computers and other technology.
This is a rough list of the most rules that can help parents protect children from the negative impact of the Internet.
User Review( votes)