Hunter Biden, the son of US presidential candidate Joe Biden, left a laptop containing a huge amount of top-secret material, including his father’s personal emails and cell phone numbers in a computer store, reports the Daily Mail.The 50-year-old businessman brought his device to the Mac Shop in Delaware for repair in April 2019, but never returned to pick it up. The device was soon seized by the FBI.
“The MacBook Pro’s hard drive — subject of a series of New York Post stories and under investigation by the FBI — had the lax and lazy password despite containing a trove of e-mails and other data relating to his father, Democratic presidential contender Joe Biden. The materials were not protected by encryption or two-factor authentication — just the flimsy password, linked with the security risk”, — write the New York Post journalists.
According to IT expert Chris Greany, the laptop contained “a national security nightmare” and “classic blackmail material” and was protected with a simple password: “Hunter02“.
The information on the device was not password protected and included:
- Joe Biden’s personal mobile phone number and three personal email addresses, as well as the names of his Secret Service agents;
- Mobile numbers of former President Bill Clinton, his wife Hillary and nearly all members of former President Barack Obama’s cabinet;
- A database of 1,500 contacts, including actress Gwyneth Paltrow, Coldplay frontman Chris Martin, former presidential candidate John Kerry and former FBI chief Louis Freeh;
- Personal documents including Hunter Biden’s passport, driver’s license, social security card, credit cards, and bank statements;
- Details of Hunter Biden’s various activities, such as etails of a $21,000 he spent on a “live cam” porn site.
Hunter Biden’s laptop contains 11 GB of data, spanning the period from Biden’s time as vice president under Obama to the time the businessman dropped the device at the service.
Let me remind you that we wrote that cyber-bullies hacked Donald Trump campaign official website, as well as that unknowns hacked accounts of Reddit moderators for campaigning for Trump.
User Review( votes)